Employment at Linley & Simpson
We recognise that the key to our success is our people and that it is the skills of our staff which set us apart from our competitors. We aim to be a 'first class' employer offering a 'first class' service to our customers.
With more than 150 staff working across our branches, we are committed to providing a work environment that enables our staff to have a positive experience at work. We have been in business since 1997 and are proud that staff that joined us when we opened are still with us today -testament to the fact that we are dedicated to looking after our staff and providing them with the opportunity to progress and thrive in their careers with us.
Results from our recent employee engagement survey show that 88% of our staff are proud to be part of Linley & Simpson with 98% determined to give their best effort at work every day. This is reflective of the environment and culture we aim to create for our workforce where staff feel that they are an integral part of the company working towards a common goal.
Learning and development
We ensure our staff receive the best training and career development opportunities. Our training strategies allow staff to fulfil their potential and we work closely with them to develop their skills and expand their knowledge at the same time increasing their opportunities for promotion and career progression within Linley & Simpson.
Some of our learning and development initiatives include:
- Apprentice Scheme. To date, we have taken on 6 apprentices all of whom have gone on to secure full time jobs with us.
- Active promotion of ARLA and NAEA qualifications which are fully funded by the company.
- 3 day induction programme for all new employees.
- Training frameworks specific to each role.
- Management succession planning and promotion from within. The majority of our Branch Managers started out working as negotiators or administrators proving that we reward ambition.
Staff health and well being
Linley & Simpson are keen to help our staff maintain a healthy work life balance and aim to provide a working environment which promotes employee wellbeing and good health. Initiatives we have developed to help us achieve this include:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular 1:1's to allow us to connect with and listen to our staff
- Staff are given a ½ day holiday on their birthday
- We are closed Sundays and Bank holidays.
- Give as You Earn - gives employees the opportunity to donate a fixed sum each month to a charity of their choice, with money taken from their salary before tax is applied
'Evidence suggests that volunteering brings health benefits to both the volunteers and the people they help.'' NHS website
In addition to excellent career opportunities and competitive salaries, our employees are also rewarded for their hard work with perks such as:
- Individual and team outstanding performance awards
- Job specific incentives and rewards
- Performance related commission
- Long-service awards
- Vouchers for completing probationary periods and passing qualifications
- Company funded social events
- An extra days holiday for each year of service (capped)
- Two members of our team recently enjoyed a spa day as a thank you for their hard work during a particularly busy month moving students into their new accommodation and our branches often enjoy nights out on the company for winning team awards.
We recognise that a strong team is a key part to any successful business and we work to help our staff connect with and support others, both internally and externally in the local communities in which they work.
We host a variety of team events across the year both at branch level and company wide including:
- Fizzy Friday
- Dragon Boat race
- Tough Mudder
- Sponsored bike ride
- Christmas party
We have nominated a Brand Ambassador for each of our branches and departments who promotes connections within their teams and with the wider community through events such as fundraising and volunteering.
Each member of Linley and Simpson staff is given one day per year during work time to volunteer giving them the opportunity – amongst many other benefits - to develop new skills, build confidence and gain personal satisfaction from giving back to society.
A positive work environment
We are committed to a non-discriminatory working environment and aim to maintain and encourage equality and diversity within our workforce. We expect all of our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect.
Contact the HR team
We are always interested in hearing from talented individuals looking to work in the property industry. To discuss the opportunities available to you, please contact our HR team:
Subscribe to our mailing list
If you would like to be notified when new vacancies arise, please complete the subscription form below and we will add you to our vacancy newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time by completing the unsubscription form below or by clicking the unsubscription link contained in our newsletters.