How to apply
If you are going to need accommodation during your studies please follow the following process:
- Register your interest by completing the Register Your Details box. You will then be notified of new properties available and when we have open days for viewings.
- You will be notified of new properties when they come onto the market as due to high demand we are currently looking for new properties.
- Arrange a viewing at your chosen property/properties by contacting our Wakefield Branch by phone 01924 375245 or email email@example.com
- At the viewing, make a note of your preferred room (although this cannot be guaranteed).
- If the property is suitable you can then make an application, application forms will be available at the viewings or can be emailed to you to complete. You will need the details of your guarantor and they will need to sign the form.
- A holding fee equivalent to 1 weeks rent will be required to reserve a room, this can be paid over the phone by debit card or via bank transfer. The holding fee will be transferred towards your first rent payment when you move in, if you withdraw your application for the room this fee will be not be refunded.
A tenancy will be offered to you subject to contract and more specifically, subject to the following conditions:
A fully completed and signed application form has been submitted together with the holding fee. A satisfactory search has been carried out by an independent credit referencing agency (details on request).
Tenancy length is 12 months, we do not offer accommodation for an academic year of 9 months.
ID for both the student and guarantor as detailed on the application form.
Before moving in to a property payment of the first 4 weeks rent and deposit must be made by bank transfer, debit or credit card (handling charge applies to credit cards). Some landlords may request 13weeks as initial rent (with 4 weeks at move in and the further 9weeks when your student loan comes in, please check before applying) Funds must be cleared before keys can be released. The rent will then become payable every 4 weeks by standing order. However most students pay the rent quarterly as student loans come in.
If in any doubt as to what is included within the let (i.e. furniture, appliances etc.) you should seek further clarification prior to submitting your application.
Student properties available for 2020/2021
Information For Students
Answers to questions we are frequently asked by students.
Information For Parents
Linley and Simpson knows how to make the daunting process of finding the right student accommodation simple and safe.
Our student properties are all of a high standard and well maintained, in the best locations for you, making life as a student as convenient as possible.