3 August 2016
LINLEY & Simpson’s Horsforth branch has launched its biggest ever programme of support for good causes across the local community.
Staff at the office on Station Road the first of the agencys 11 branches to open its doors back in 1997 - are marking its 19th anniversary with a raft of grass roots initiatives.
These have included:
- Sponsorship of the Holy Trinity Summer Fayre the branch staged a Guess the Number of Balloons in our Car competition. Congratulations to our two winners, Janet Arida and Dale Johnson, who were each presented with £50 Amazon vouchers.
- Sponsorship of the Holy Trinity Talent Show the office hit the right note by providing the trophies
- Sponsorship of Featherbank Schools talent show again this has the added dimension of an ongoing Give Back scheme to benefit the school
- Support for Horsforth Gala branch staff held an Open the Door competition. Congratulations to Jill Bottomley, who was the lucky winner and received £100 of Amazon vouchers
- Sponsorship of Horsforth St Margarets and its end-of-season awards goalkeeper Olivia Bishop won the Linley & Simpson-backed Sponsors Player of the year. Judges said: Olivia has had a great season. She played every game apart from one, when she was injured, and even then she came to support her team. She shows determination and has improved her game greatly over the season. The team also had a good and enjoyable season, finishing mid-table, and winning half of its games - including a brilliant 2-0 win over the Leagues 2nd-placed side in the last game of the season.
Branch manager David Mear said: We have been at the very heart of the Horsforth community for 20 years and there are many home-grown members of staff working here at Linley & Simpson who will be familiar faces to many.
As an independent, Yorkshire born-and-bred agency, we are proud of our strong Horsforth roots and are delighted to have the opportunity of giving something back to the community whenever we can.
There is no shortage of talent in Horsforth, particularly among the children who live and go to school here, and we are proud to help nurture and encourage this.
Our Horsforth community programme this summer has been unprecedented and we look forward to building on this platform, and extending it in the months and years to come.