30 March 2016
This week has already witnessed a spike in enquiries, particularly from outside the region, after the list of property hotspots put Harrogate very firmly on the map after it was crowned the best place to live in the North and North East of England.
"Harrogate has always been a sought-after place to live but its popularity has grown year-on-year at an unprecedented rate and faster than many other areas," said Anthony Metcalfe, Branch Manager.
"It is a magnet particularly for families, thanks to the unrivalled schools that serve the community, and its starring role in the Tour de France and growing reputation as a major TV and film location has showcased its attractions to a whole new audience."
He added: "As well as one of the best places to live, it has also been named the happiest for the last three years running. Its a double accolade that no other town or city can rival."
The top ten attractions singled out by Linley & Simpson staff that have helped Harrogate propel itself to the top of the popularity league for home-hunters include:
- The Stray 200 acres of common land ideal for family activities and exercise
- Valley Gardens for a range of family activities and picnicking
- Restaurants including The Orchid, William and Victorias, Drum and Monkey and Lucias.
- Harrogate Spas Turkish Baths to unwind your mind and invigorate your body.
- Schools three of the most renowned secondary schools in the north of England.
- The pinnacle of the golden triangle and the gateway to the North Yorkshire dales.
- Harlow Carr Gardens RHS award-winning public gardens.
- Bettys Tea Rooms world -famous cream teas.
- Transport ever-improving bus and rail links to Leeds, York and Ripon