9 February 2018
"I can talk about colours, wallpaper, retro upcycling, fringing and hanging pendants till the cows come home, but it’s harder to talk about myself!"
So there's a bit of blurb about me at the bottom of the article if you are so inclined, but I thought I'd make it all about you guys instead...
7 things an interior designer can help you to do:
- Be confident with design, decorating and furniture choices - no fear of wasting your money
- Bring your style & ideas to life creating a cohesive, stylish result
- Add colour to your home with confidence
- Avoid those stressful calls from the tradesmen or annoying mistakes - how many sockets, which hinge, where do you want the light... We plan and make all those decisions up front.
- Find that gorgeous light, amazing chair or sumptuous throw - we can source and purchase for you (and know some fantastic places!)
- Avoid the norm without breaking the budget - we seek out statement WOW pieces to your budget
- Make the best of what you already have - rent your property quicker, sell at the right price, make your rooms more beautiful without costing a fortune
So what are you waiting for? With a free consultation & 25% off your first room mood board you've got nothing to lose!
My passion for interiors has been bubbling away for many years, from my first home in London when I painted our bedroom in striped shades of brown (it was 1999!). It has thankfully moved with the times and the bright orange walls with royal blue carpet from the hall of the same house are a distant memory!
Having been in the creative marketing industry for over 20 years I've been involved in interpreting clients ideas, delivering a successful product and a smiley client since I started in the professional world all those years ago. I ran my own design agency along with some other very clever folk for 8 years, but my interiors rush has surfaced again and been my main focus for the last couple of years.
I have achieved a distinction in the Diploma of Interior Design with modules covering room planning, perspective drawing, colour schemes, mood boards, lighting schedules, finish schedules and many other areas that to the layman wouldnt seem to fall into interior design, but actually are some of the most useful skills Ive acquired during my studies! Making a project run smoothly with planning in advance, schedules to hand to tradesmen and the exact detail of each switch, light position & floor covering up front is priceless in reducing the stress and the time consuming nature of an extension or redecoration project in your home. Being experienced in sourcing good value furniture pieces, local tradespeople or local interiors outlets is an added value of working with Monkey & Pickle.
Visit our website for more information: http://monkeyandpickleinteriordesign.co.uk